On 25 August 2021 the EU Commission published guidance on the transitional rules of origin in the pan-Euro-Mediterranean area (the “Transitional Rules”). The EU is currently amending 21 origin protocols within the pan-Euro-Mediterranean (“PEM”) area by implementing an alternative set of rules of origin which will apply alongside the rules of the Regional Convention on pan-Euro-Mediterranean preferential rules of origin (the “PEM Convention”). The amendments will apply on a bilateral basis pending the adoption of…
- Canada Proposes “last sale” rule in relation to Customs Valuation
- EU Anti-dumping and Anti-subsidy Duty Enforcement: Increased Actions Against Imports from Türkiye
- Germany: Munich court rules that a year-end TP adjustment does not justify additional import duties
- Taiwan and the US have concluded negotiations on five issues of the Taiwan-US 21st Century Trade Initiative
- Japan amends the Customs Tariff Act, etc.
- WTO e-commerce moratorium: FTAs as the logical next step?
- EU: Proposals envisioning most ambitious and comprehensive reform of EU Customs Union since 1968 published
- Creation of an EU Customs Agency and an EU Customs Data Hub?