On May 16, 2019, President Trump signed a Proclamation to Modify the List of Beneficiary Developing Countries Under the Trade Act of 1974. The Proclamation states that the President has determined that, based on its level of economic development, it is appropriate to terminate Turkey’s designation as a beneficiary developing country effective May 17, 2019. The Proclamation:
(1) Terminates the designation of Turkey as a beneficiary developing country, effective May 17, 2019.
(2) Modifies general notes 4(a) and 4(d) and pertinent subheadings of the HTS as set forth in Annex A to the proclamation.
(3) Supersedes any provisions of previous proclamations and Executive Orders that are inconsistent with the actions taken in this proclamation to the extent of such inconsistency.
(4) Removes the exemption for Turkey from application of the safeguard measures on CSPV [certain crystalline silicon photovoltaic] products and large residential washers is removed, effective May 17, 2019.
(5) Modifies subdivision (b)(2) of U.S. note 17 and subdivision (b) of U.S. note 18 to subchapter III of chapter 99 of the HTS as set forth in Annex B to the proclamation.