The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) announced that effective December 10, 2018, the Greater Toronto Area Region (GTAR) will pilot the use of electronic communication to correspond with Advance Ruling (AR) applicants. This pilot project will run until March 31, 2019.
How to apply:
- Mail your AR request to the GTAR, in accordance with D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification (451 Talbot Street, 10th Floor, London, ON, N6A 5C9)
- Include in your request a valid email address as well as confirmation that you agree to communicate with the CBSA via email
- An email address and confirmation for electronic communication is required from both the applicant and their agent/representative, if applicable
- The CBSA will electronically acknowledge your AR request
- Winzip 9 is required to send files to the CBSA
- Unique password(s) will be created by the CBSA and provided to the applicant and their agent/representative
Please note that the CBSA does not ensure the security of electronic communication and the applicant accepts the risks inherent in sending correspondence or other information electronically.
For more information regarding the Advance Ruling E-Communications Pilot Project, please contact CBSA-ASFC_GTAR Advance Rulings.