New Strategies for International Trade & Supply Chains under the Trump Administration: Options; Timetables; Preparations
You are cordially invited to a lively discussion on the likely and potential changes in Tax and Trade policies by the Trump Administration – policies that will affect every company whose supply chains or customers extend beyond the U.S. On Thursday, March 2, our review will include Congress vs. presidential proposals for a border tax or VAT; renegotiating trade agreements; conflicts with Canada, Mexico, China and other trading partners; supply chain management; and other competitive considerations. The program will be presented by a team comprised of subject matter experts with extensive experience in these areas.
Topics to be discussed include:
International Trade Agreements
- What are the President’s power regarding international trade agreements?
- What has President Trump said he would do?
- What tactics is the Trump Administration most likely to utilize?
- What is the impact of President Trump’s proposed policies on international trade agreements?
- What are the President’s powers to impose additional or retaliatory tariffs?
- How would each of the potential trade remedy scenarios play out and over what time period (Section 301, safeguards, voluntary restraint agreements/quotas, anti-dumping duties, countervailing duties, Section 337, WTO)?
- What’s the precedent and what’s the likelihood of each combination?
- What are the likely reactions of our trade partners (retaliatory tariffs, WTO cases, etc.)?
- What proposals are being considered by Congress and the new administration, and what are their chances for being implemented?
- How would tax reform affect supply chains of multinational businesses?
- How would the House Blueprint or President Trump’s import tax affect tax treaties?
Who should Attend
Tax and Customs Managers
Procurement and Compliance Officers
Supply Chain Managers
3:00 pm-4:15 pm
4:15 pm-4:30 pm
Question and Answer
4:30 pm-5:30 pm
To participate in this discussion, click on the “Register Today” button and submit your information.
We look forward to seeing you at:
3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 2
Hamner Conference Center
North Carolina Biotech Center
15 TW Alexander Drive
+1 202 835 6168
Kevin M. O’Brien
+1 202 452 7032
+1 202 835 6164
Marc R. Paul
+1 202 452 7034
Please share this invitation with your company’s tax and customs managers, procurement and compliance managers, and supply chain managers.